Social Icons

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cosmetic Bag

A couple weeks before I left to see my fiancée Iowa, I made myself a little cosmetic bag, intending to use it for my toiletries. It turned out really adorable, and it was my first time both sewing on a zipper, and handstitching a lining in place. I've never done either, so it was fun. I followed this helpful tutorial on creating it, only I made mine slightly longer, to hold my many more needed supplies.



In the end, I never even took the bag with me on my trip. Even though I made it bigger than the tutorial, it still wouldn't fit all the stuff I needed it to. Now, it sits and is serving a cosmetic bag's real purpose: keeping all my makeup pieces in once place. I also found that I sewed the fabric too close to the zipper, so it catches sometimes. I'm not sure I used the zipper foot on my sewing machine right either, because it should not have been as difficult to sew up as it was for me. But still, turned out nice, I am impressed with how well I did on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates