Social Icons

Monday, August 25, 2014

Laundry Room

When we moved into this apartment back in March, one of the most awesome parts of it is that it came with washer and dryer hookups. So, I could have my own washer and dryer. However, we have never had the money to get them. Every time I would go into Lowes, Home Depot or even Sears, I would price them, then leave because well, they are expensive. I started looking and Craigslist, and Facebook Swap groups for used sets, but we have no truck to pick them up. It was disappointing. We had to find somewhere that delivered.

My birthday is coming up next month, and the only thing I wanted was a way to do my own laundry. My husband currently spends his days off over at his mother's house, doing our laundry. He doesn't remember specific washing instructions I give him, and he left my favorite pair of my shoes over there a few weeks ago, that no one is able to find now. I felt like I need my own way to do laundry.

I considered the Wonderwash. It looks awesome, easy on water, and requires no electricity. I was concerned about the drying time. I feel like the clothes would be soaking wet, and I have no where to dry them. It would be awesome drying outside on a clothesline, but... Well, I live in an apartment. The clothes would have to dry inside somewhere. That being said, the Wonderwash wasn't logical for me.

Tyler told me to start looking for a used set. I called around and found one. They were still way much more than we wanted to pay, but they delivered. We went up there, and purchased them. When we were paying for them, it was an additional $75 for delivery and what she called "installation". This was cool because we never installed a set before, and if installation was included with delivery, that was even better.

laundry-03

Guy came, dropped off the appliances in the middle of the laundry room, and handed us hoses. And left. My husband and I looked at each other after he left, dumbfounded. We both were like, wasn't he supposed to install them? I called the company back, to question why didn't he install them. Apparently, delivery was free, but if they bring it into the house and supply the hoses, that's what they call "Full Service Installation." therefore, he did what he was supposed to and we were not entitled for a refund. I was pissed. Maybe don't use the word installation to people? He paid $75 for what we thought was installation, but really was just to wheel the things 10 yards into the house and putting hoses into our hands. Ugh. Would never purchase another used appliance from them again.

But anyway, he hooked up the washer and dryer, and I spend the whole day doing all my laundry. I love having clean clothes. And I love having my washer and dryer in my own apartment.

laundry-02

I started to knit a grocery bag caddy a while ago, and finally finished it in time for the appliances to get here. Was trying to pretty up my new laundry room, and it turned out pretty nice! I like it, and it holds a ton of bags in it. Didn't require much yarn, either. I am thinking that I'll revisit this pattern around Christmas, because they will make wonderful gifts.

laundry-04

The dryer doesn't go all the way to the wall because our vent is somewhat where it isn't supposed to be, so we have to have a tubing system of some kind back there, which won't let it go all the way back. It is kind of a tight squeeze in there, really only enough room to turn around in. I could, possibly move the wash machine back further,but my OCD wants them side by side. Add the cat litter box in this room, and it feels even smaller.

So pretty! Even with all the drama of that day they came, I love my washer and dryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates