Social Icons

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Amelia at Nine Months

Can you believe that it has been 7 !months that we have had her already? She has had her nine month birthday recently, and I am in disbelief! She has grown into this gorgeous creature, and has become the absolute love of my life. How did I live without this unbelievable animal?

amelia-06

I feel like every post I do on her becomes into this love story about her, but to be honest, its totally true. My existence revolves around her, and with every day, I love her more. Even my husband feels jealous of my adoration to this dog. That says a lot. What more can I say?

amelia-03

We have gotten much better with her, as a family. She is brilliant, learns so quickly, and definitely knows how to get what she wants. We take her to the dog park often, which is without a doubt, her most favorite place to be. We live in a very small one bedroom apartment, so getting her out to the dog park to run and play, even makes me happy to see.

amelia-07

We found a more local dog park, which is much smaller than we have previously been visiting. At the bigger park, it is much more populated, and she will follow other dogs and people around. We always have to chase her back to us. So, the smaller park is much better - we are usually the only people there, and she does not stray from us. We bring a ball and just let her run. For me, I love watching her run and get all her energy out, being in a small apartment for a large dog, is probably not the ideal.

amelia-05

She is also sleeping through the night outside of her crate, and in bed with us. (Well, actually, it is usually me not being able to fit in the bed with the husband, two cats, and the dog - so Amelia and I somehow end up on the couch.) But that's okay, I find the couch more comfortable than the mattress anyway.

amelia-04

Amelia has gotten much more beautiful with her coat now as she's growing older. Her "feathering" is coming in beautifully on her tail and rear end, making her look unmistakable as a golden retriever. Recently we have only been questioned of her breed as a "setter." It used to be "is she a lab?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates