Social Icons

Monday, June 1, 2015

Vostok Shawl Progress

It has been a long time since I blogged about any kind of knitting project I have done! I have not really felt like knitting recently, with my recent craft of Pocket Letters, and junk journals. It's something that I've wanted to really get back into, however. I also want to learn how to crochet, as well. I have told myself once I finish this shawl I'm working on, I will sit down and teach myself how to crochet, just like how I taught myself how to knit.

The shawl I'm working on is called Vostok. In the past, I have knit the Henslowe Shawl by this particular designer. The pattern looked extremely complicated, but it was actually simple to follow, and the shawl came out magnificent. It's one of my favorites. So, I had purchased a pattern after finishing the Henslowe, called Vostok. It is beautiful, but I have been afraid to start it because it is a weight of yarn that I've had nothing but failure with. I felt I needed the challenge, something to bring me back to the knitting hobby.

Vostok

It was the perfect project. Something that renewed my love for knitting, as this is turning out to be one of the more stunning projects that I have knitted. I have been also saving this madelinetosh yarn for something special (it is one of the most expensive yarns I own), and this pattern is really beautiful with it. I am not finished with it yet, I'm working on the edging, and it is going so slow! Hopefully I will finish it in the next couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates