Social Icons

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Madelinetosh Lace

For the majority of my knitting time, I've been using Knit Picks yarn. It's a great value, and it creates beautiful objects. However, in looking through some pattern's projects, a lot of the things I want to make use this yarn called Madelinetosh. I don't have a yarn store around me, the nearest one is about 80 miles away, so I've never seen this yarn in person. I looked at ordering at online vendors, and bawked at the cost of a hank. I've never spent anything over $11 for a hank, and Madeline tosh was $26? For one hank??

madelinetosh-vermillion

I found this Vermillion colorway from a Ravelry member, for a slightly cheaper price. I think it was $23? Or something around there. It's only slightly cheaper than the online vendors, but hey, shipping was included on this deal. I got in in the mail, and it was love at first sight. It's gorgeous, squishy, and so soft. I've already started a project with this hank - the Rock Island Shawl. The finished project is really beautiful, but I'm 7 repeats into the edging and I'm bored already. So, I don't know.

madelinetosh-calligraphy

I liked that one so much, I had to get another one. I found this Calligraphy colorway on sale at Jimmy Beans Wool. I have plans for this one too. This will become a Vostok Shawl. I loved that pattern when I seen it, and I can't wait to start it. I love Madelinetosh yarn, but honestly, I don't think I'll ever buy another hank unless I find it on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates