Social Icons

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Rose Bush Update

It has been a little while since I posted an update on my rose bushes. I think one is dying, very slowly, but the other looks like it's really flourishing! I added a few plants since my last update, and they are growing steadily, however it is the rose bushes that have been making progress. The other plants will really take off once it starts to warm up I think.

I am finding that plants really do well on my patio, I get full afternoon sun, part shade, and a portion of it gets no sun at all. I think I have officially lost my basil after a infestation of aphids, I got some pesticide too late, and now I think it is not going to recover. It is scraggly, dropping leaves and very wilty. I will have to stop by and pick up another basil plant from the nursery, as I can not imagine a summer without the smell of basil any more!

Rose Update

This is the dying bush, but it has a couple buds on it! They have been like this for a couple weeks now, and at this point I'm not sure if they are going to bloom. The branches are slowly turning black, one by one. It started with one branch, then just kept spreading, shriveling up leaves as it goes along. I feel like I have kind of given up on it at this point, I am just hoping that I could get at least one or two blooms off of it before it goes. I at least want to see what the flowers look like! Not sure that I will buy another bare root rose again.

Double Delight Rose Update

The double delight rose bush, I blogged about (and again!) a couple of weeks ago, and it was just starting to have little nubs starting off of the branches. Now, it has turned into a beautiful little bush. The leaves look wonderful, healthy and green. The only problem I have found with this is that in the afternoon sun, the leaves will wilt a little. After Googling, I found that it probably does not have enough feeder roots to get water. The listed solution was to move the plant to part shade for a little while. I had been keeping it in part shade now for a couple weeks, and just now got the courage to put it back into full sun. I will be keeping an eye on it for several days, to see if it handles sun better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates