Social Icons

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Update on Patio Plants

Let's talk more plants! I posted a little while ago, progress on my first bare root rose. Not much has changed really, but I have noticed the growth on it getting larger, and new growths are showing up. Exciting, for me who has never had a rose bush before!

Update on Double Delight Rose

I am kind of disappointed that it isn't growing faster, as people are already seeing blooms on their roses. I need to learn to be patient! Hopefully, when it does bloom, it will be spectacular and totally worth the wait. It has been a bit of a pain, the apartment managers has been telling people to clear off their patios, because they are power washing. My husband, every morning, had been lugging the huge, heavy pot in the house in the morning, and back outside when we decided they were not going to get to us that day. I imagine that all the moving around of it might have hindered the growth progress of it. (In the end, we never got our patio power washed, and I have given up on moving the plants around. At this point, if they want to power wash, they can work around my potted plants.)

Daffodil

I had purchased daffodil bulbs during last fall, and for some reason, I never got around to planting. I had put the bulbs in the refrigerator, and forgot about them. Cleaning out the fridge, I found them again. They were trying to sprout in the bag, so a few weeks before spring started, I decided to plant them in a small pot, not expecting anything to happen with them. All the information I could gather, said that they need fall weather to grow roots, to get ready to flower in spring. I read that I might get leaves, but that is it. I am amazed to see at least one looks like it is thinking of doing something! It looks like it's wanting to flower! Exciting!

Colorful Pots

Here's the current status of my "patio garden." I have strawberries in the medium red pot, that I had bare root plants for. Not sure how well they will grow, considering the ones I see in the stores are already much better off than what I currently have. I recently added a lavender, and a sweet mint plant. Just got them over the weekend, and promptly planted them. (Don't mind the mess of potting soil on the concrete, I do need to get my butt out there and sweep it up)

Trial and error is how it goes with my gardening experiences! I am still doing a lot of Googling with my plants, making a serious attempt to do things right! Maybe soon I will need to do a post on my indoor plants, including my crazy, overflowing, windowsill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates