Social Icons

Monday, April 13, 2015

How To: Make Layered Lace Flowers

As those who read my blog know, I am huge on the thrift store shopping. A lot of my crafting supplies are either given to me, or bought from thrift stores. I am particularly fond of vintage sheet music and lace trims. That being said, I have accumulated quite a bit, that I have not even used. My husband was beginning to call me a hoarder, and I can't have that! I sat out to make use of some of my crafting products.

Layered Lace Flowers

I made a bunch of what I call Layered Lace Flowers! They all turned absolutely gorgeous, I am floored at how awesome each one turned out. Usually, things look better in my head than they do in real life, so the fact that these turned out the way they did is incredible. However, when I think about how I made them, I realize that each one took quite a bit of time. I ended up making these over a course of several days, really. I measured, cut and sewn up each one while leisurely sitting on the couch, watching television. Next was coloring all of them, which required time to dry again. Then all the hot gluing. But it was all worth it!

Close Up 1 Of Layered Lace Flowers

I simply ADORE how this one came out. I made them in all shapes, sizes, and colors, but some reason, this one is my absolute favorite. I love the way the pink looks, the tulle, size. Pretty much everything.

Close Up 2 Of Layered Lace Flowers

I was surprised at how much I found I like this one, too. The other one I could justify, because it is pink, and I love the tulle look. But this one, I did not think it would be my style. But no! It looks like a little circle of happy!


I actually did a tutorial on how I made them! The camera kept focusing every time I moved, though, so you might not like the tutorial if that bothers you. (I learned to take pictures with it, not video - so I am trying to learn video now). If you enjoyed the video, please subscribe to my channel!

Enjoy, and I hope the video inspires you to make your own in some form!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates