Social Icons

Friday, April 3, 2015

First Pocket Letter

With smashbooks, junk journals, my dog, and gardening, one would think I have enough hobbies, right? Well apparently not, because I just picked up yet another craft! There is a new thing going around, called Pocket Letters! I have been hit hard by this craft, as I adore it! I can really get my creativity going with these pocket letters, as they are small, and much easier to commit to, than say, a junk journal or something similar. I have mentioned before in this blog that I really enjoy having the instant gratification feeling, and these can be punched out in a couple of hours, using all my existing supplies.

Basically, a pocket letter is paper, divided up into a trading card protector, and decorated. You can decorate them however you like, add whatever embellishments you want to add. You can add little goodies in the pockets, such as tea bags, die cuts, or whatever else will fit in the pocket! The only requirement is that you have to add a letter into a pocket. Because these are, after all - pocket letters. Once you finish the page, you send it out to a snail mail pen pal, or for a one time swap with someone.

In-Progress Pocket Letter

This is my first pocket letter, before I really embellished it. I had cut up my pieces of patterned cardstock, stamped each one with a really beautiful, large script stamp, and inked the edges with some Distress Ink.

After I got all of that done, I really started to embellish it. I added a envelope using my Envelope Punch Board, some lace edgings, keys that I cut with my Silhouette and inked with Distress Ink, a small tag with washi tape samples, glued a couple of doilies (again, cut with my Silhouette and tea-dyed), and added a few embellished paper clips. It is so pretty, I can't get enough of them!

Finished Pocket Letter

This one hasn't yet found a home to be sent to. When I am ready to send it out, the awesome part of pocket letters is that they fold up into thirds, and fit brilliantly into a #10 envelope, for easy sending to your swap partner!

If you want to know more about Pocket Letters, there is a huge explanation of them, along with a video, an FAQ, and everything at the creator's blog. Also, if you start making them, definitely go and join the Pocket Letter Pals Network!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates