Social Icons

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Orange Chicken

Moving to Iowa from California is a little hard because many places I love to eat does not exist here. I miss In-n-Out Burger, Krispy Creme, The Habit, and Panda Express. We've been experimenting with places that seem similar to those in California, but it's not working well. For Panda Express, we've been trying all different kinds of Chinese food restaurants (I think I've eaten orange chicken from every Chinese food place in Sioux City), but none have that particular orange chicken flavor that I love. So, I attempted to try an orange chicken recipe in my Crock-pot.

It took quite a while to brown the chicken in the skillet, I think. But, I'm lazy and I honestly don't like to stand over the stove and watch chicken brown. But I did it anyway, with the hopeful promise of having a good Panda Express like orange chicken. After it was done cooking in the slow cooker, it looked really good, I was excited and couldn't wait to shovel it all into my mouth. But instead, I cooked up some rice and steamed some vegetables.

Orange Chicken

It definitely didn't taste as I expected. It was good, but didn't taste at all like Panda Express. The recipe I followed got the orange flavoring from frozen orange concentrate, so if I make it again, I may cut back the orange concentrate by half. It was way too orangey for me. It made for a really fabulous photo though, on my newest fabulous plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates