Social Icons

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rooted Cuttings

Remember my pink polka dot cuttings I blogged about last time? They have been on a roller coaster the past 2 weeks. They perk up, then wilt a little. My life has been obsessing about these little cuttings, spritzing them with water several times a day to stop them from wilting, checking on them, and seeing if they have rooted yet. A few days ago - I was gently tugging on them to check for roots, and finally... I noticed some resistance in them! Which means: they started to root! I was so excited, that all my work babying these little guys, finally was paying off. Today, I finally took them out of their little toilet paper roll pots, to check out what's going on under the soil.

Rooted Cutting

Woo! Check out that little root ball! There really is no better feeling than seeing something you worked hard for actually be a success. I'm sure it's easy for some people, but hey, I've never done this before, and had no idea what I was doing half the time... so this was hard work for me! That said, I re-potted three of the four cuttings that I took into terracotta pots (that I picked up at Menards for only 58 cents!). They are kind of wilting again now though, so I'll just keep on spritzing them until they get established again. The fourth cutting I took, still hasn't rooted yet - I think it's not going to root, but I'm probably going to just leave it for a little while and see what happens.

The downside is... most of my plants are on windowsills throughout the apartment, and I'm running out of windowsill space. I've started stacking boxes up in front of windows to expand my space a bit more. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates