Social Icons

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Bread

When I first got my bread machine, I really wanted to make pumpkin spice bread. However, I couldn't find many recipes that I can make in the bread maker. So, I tried to concoct my own version, and I thought I'd share.

Pumpkin Bread

  • 3/4 cup of milk

  • 1 egg

  • 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree

  • 2 tablespoons of butter, softened (I put my butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds)

  • 3 and 1 half tablespoons of brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon of salt

  • 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

  • 3 cups of flour

  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of quick rising yeast


My bread machine requires that wet ingredients go in first, then dry ingredients, and the yeast last. It's best to check your instruction manual for what it suggests. Then, I turned my machine on the "Basic" cycle, and  "Light" crust.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I have always wanted a bread machine. I wonder if this recipe would work in the oven or if it would come out crazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates