Social Icons

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Is It Next Week Yet?

Ugh, it's been a pretty bad week for me. I thought I was getting a dishwasher, but that fell through because it wouldn't fit in a car. The pumpkin spice lattes and the bacon, cheddar and chive scones that I was excited to make, turned out horribly. We haven't had enough money to do laundry, so I've been washing clothes in the bathtub. I've been stuck with polyester sheets that are SO horrible, and am losing sleep with them. There's nothing worse than uncomfortable sheets, that pop off the corners of the mattress every time I move, then having to get out of bed and fix them. Needless to say, I hand washed my Egyptian cotton sheets this morning. I hope they will be done drying in time for bedtime.

I'm really hoping next week will be better. We have plans to rent a truck to bring the dishwasher home on Monday. I'm looking into getting a breadmaker, and a coffee pot (which should make my pumpkin spice lattes better, the instant coffee I used the first time was really, really, bad). I'll be getting much needed curtains and other household items in the mail. We'll be doing all of the laundry. And, the farmer's market starts up next week. I'm hoping to score some tomatoes, oranges, strawberries, lettuce, and onions.

stuffedpeppers

I did make some stuffed bell peppers that turned out pretty good though. I've always loved stuffed bell peppers. I followed the recipe pretty well, though I used beef instead of turkey, I added more garlic, and I used a different cheese. I ate half that night, and saved the other half for lunch the next day.

Something too look forward to - A blog I read frequently informed me that I can make tea out of fresh lemon balm leaves. I have this fabulous lemon balm plant growing on my windowsill that's getting a little out of control. I'm thinking that tonight, I'm going to snip off some leaves and brew myself some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates