Social Icons

Monday, February 20, 2012

The Apartment - Bathroom

Bleh, I have been sick the past few days, haven't wanted to do anything other than lay in bed and knit. Who gets a cold 3 times in a single season? I do! I guess I've just gotten a really weak immune system. Today is a rainy, dreary day, so instead of just staring off out of the windows in the apartment, I thought I'd get up and do a little more blogging. Today's topic: the bathroom!

bathroom-2

We have this really tiny bathroom. It's dingy, and has some really weird wall colors and textures. The bottom of the walls are yellow, and really sloppy done. Also, they are textured to look like brick, although, they are not brick behind the paint. The top half of the wall, is some even more strange textured plaster-like thing, painted white... I have no idea what's going on with the walls in here. We bought the paint to repaint this bathroom, but haven't gotten to it yet - painting is so much work, especially this bathroom! I wanted to go a really dark blue, but Tyler didn't want so dark. We compromised on a lighter color (Misty, from Valspar), and we intend to do a white stripe around the room. It will be fabulous, and hopefully, relaxing.

The lighting - what's up with those? The mirror, is useless, for the most part. We have a full length mirror in the bedroom that I use for things like applying makeup, and the like. I'm not even sure its a real mirror, it looks more like that paper mirror-foil type stuff.

bathroom-1

The best thing about the bathroom, however, is the bathtub. I've never been a girl who likes taking baths. I'm a little to chubby to fit comfortably in one of those shower/bath combinations and before I moved here, the fiance informed me that the apartment had NO shower. All I could say, was: "WHAT?!" But, he purchased a kit that you can hook up to a clawfoot tub, and it creates a wrap around shower. However, he had no bolt cutters to install it, and when arrived... I still had no shower. After a couple times of being forced to take a bath, I've come to the conclusion that I LOVE them. I can lay in there for hours, just soaking and listening to a couple of my favorite podcasts. It's larger than any other bath I've been in, and is a much more comfortable shape.

The accessory I am the most grateful for buying before I left California - is that little rack on the bathtub. When I seen it up at Ikea, I picked it up and marveled at what a great idea it was, but left without it. I kept thinking about that little rack, and convinced myself to go back and buy it. Seriously, it was the best $9.99 I have spent on this apartment. You don't really think about it, but where else would we put our shampoos and soaps? On the side of the tub? The windowsill? I don't know, but I adore my bathtub rack, it fits perfectly and has enough room for everything we need.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm jealous of your tub!! I have always wanted a bigger tub to soak in. These little tub/shower combos just don't cut it when you have a big butt! My dream is to one day add on to our tiny bathroom in the master bedroom and install a garden tub.

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates