Social Icons

Monday, April 2, 2012

New Ring

The fiance got me a ring, a long time ago. Since then, it has snapped on the band at the most delicate part of it. It's been superglued, and taped, the cost of repairing - it would be cheaper just to buy a new one. I've been without a ring for...over a year? Well, several weeks ago, the fiance bought me a new one. He set me loose and told me to pick a ring I want. My choice was to shop on Etsy. Handcrafted rings? Yes, please!

I'm not a huge jewelry wearer, but over the course of the past few years, I've discovered that I am allergic to certain metals, and tarnish others like crazy. Something with having very acidic skin makes metals tarnish faster? I can't really even use nickel plated knitting needles, they are almost completely tarnished by the end of a project. Anyway! Because of this, choosing jewelry is a bit difficult. So, I settled on a titanium metal. From what I understand, it is tarnish proof, and harder than traditional metals.

Simplicity was my next requirement. I'm not a person who likes a bunch of diamonds, or a really expensive ring. I'm known to lose jewelry, and I am really rough on my fingers. I've always been a fan of the simplicity of men's rings, but I wanted one to still look feminine.

ring-2

This was my choice. It's a simple 3mm titanium band, purchased from an Etsy seller. It wasn't too expensive, I believe it was about $30? I like to call it my custom engagement ring, because after all, it was made custom for my size and width I wanted, right?

ring

It's a good size on my finger too, thin enough to look feminine, yet large enough to know it's there. The seller, RenaissanceJewelry, did a fantastic job on the ring though. It is polished, as requested, comfortable to wear, and I honestly couldn't ask for a better ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates