Social Icons

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Clearances and Sales

Just like most people, I love getting a good deal. Obviously. Working at JCPenney, I see a lot of clearance items lately. It seems to be the season where a lot of items are going on really cheap clearance, and of course, it does not help my New Year's resolution to get out of debt. I am perfectly happy leaving the "sales" and more expensive clearance items alone... but when it comes to $5.97, $2.97 or even .97 cent clearance... I'm a sucker for them.

Well, JCPenney was doing an extra 25% off clearance as well. So... I had to buy some items. First, I knew I needed a coat, and had my eyes set on one particular coat for months now.

 jcp-coat

It was normally $200. When it went on clearance for $59.99, I was still holding out for a lower price. The extra 25% clearance sale helped a lot, and I couldn't hold out any longer. I bought it. And I love it just as much as I loved it on the rack. Once I came to Iowa, I noticed a lot of faux-fur hood lined coats, and I loved the look, so now I finally have one of my own. Am I officially fitting into Iowa now?

jcp-dress

This is not something I'd buy for myself... normally. But at $5.97? I totally bought it. Honestly, if I'd have seen this for that price before I had ordered my city hall wedding dress from David's Bridal, I probably would have made this work. For now, I have no clue what purpose I would need a floor length gown for, but for that price.. I'll find something. It's not exactly shape forgiving with the material it's made out of, but I plan on picking up some spanx, anyway.

The JCPenney that I work at is attached to a mall, as well. So, from customers to co-workers, I hear about sales and promotions from other mall stores. That said, I was informed me that Victoria's Secret was having a rather good sale. Victoria's Secret doesn't really interest me that much, considering I can't fit into the majority of their things. But, I guess fragrance mist was one of the items on sale! I was like, What?!

vs-mist

It was rather picked over when I went, but I managed to grab two fragrance mists - Deep berry, and Forbidden Vanilla. Only for $1.99 each! Win! (I also figure that one of these fragrances, I should use for the wedding, so I have something "special and unique" for it). I also had a free trial size 3oz coupon for Bath and Body Works, a preview for their new spring fragrance that I found as a facebook offer. So I had to pick that one up. They are so perfect for stuffing in a purse or bag!

In wedding news, our rings have came in the mail today, I'm going to try and snap a photo of them tomorrow morning so I can blog about them. And, I got an email the other day from David's Bridal, telling me my dress has shipped, so it should be here on Wednesday! So nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates