Social Icons

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wedding Rings

The rings for the wedding came on Saturday, and I've finally got a photo of them. Rings with me are tricky, because I'm allergic to some metals, and others.. my skin will eat right through them. So, finding jewelry is hard for me.

I'm also very nervous about losing things, so I did not want to spend a fortune on something that I fear I will lose. My engagement ring is titanium, which was allergy-free, and rather inexpensive. Added bonus was that it was simple, and not too fancy for this simple girl.

So, I decided to go a step beyond titanium and get a matching set of cobalt rings. From my research, cobalt is supposed to be strong, less prone to breakage, is more like a lighter color (as opposed to titanium, being grey-ish), and is relatively lightweight. They came, and I don't think I could be happier.

rings 

Please excuse my pride in that photo, I'm trying to learn how to use the Nikon D3200 that I got for Christmas, and this is probably the most awesome photo I have taken with it. Anyway, the rings are beautiful, I think. I purchased them on Etsy, and they were under the label of "Homemade" but... I'm not entirely sure they were.

Not sure that I care at this point, because I think they look nice. I guess a part of me wanted something "special" to us a couple. I tried to go the made to order route, but oh well. The prices of cobalt rings were expensive, so I was happy to get the pair at a cost that I would have paid for only one.

As you have probably guessed already, I love working at JCPenney for the awesome clearance things that I see come through. Once I got off work last night, I went shopping for a little bit before I came home, and found some cute little underwear for only $1.97. Plus the promotion that was going on - an extra 25% off clearance. Awesome!

clearance-underwear

I picked up 7 pairs of cute little underwear. After the extra 25% for clearance, these were such a good deal to pass up. I have honestly never owned underwear from JCPenney before, so I'm wondering if they are going to fit as well as my Lane Bryant panties - but am willing to try.

clearance-price

Can't beat that price, at all! So happy to have been able to get the panties I wanted when I got off. Usually clearance items are rather picked over by the time I get to them, so these made me happy.

Tomorrow, my wedding dress comes! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates