Social Icons

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ear Piercing

When I was a child, I had my ears pierced. My mother likely had them pierced when I was a baby, I know this because I had the scars where they were once done. I can't remember the last time I had earrings in my ears. Growing up, I was never the "girly-girl", so I laughed at the idea of earrings. So, obviously, the holes in my ears closed up. As more girly things started to interest me, earrings weren't big of a deal, because with my long hair, you could barely see my ears anyway.

However, the first of the year, I chopped off all my long hair in favor of a very short hairstyle. For the first time in a while, my ears are visible. Now, I wanted the one thing I bawked at for the majority of my life: earrings.

I got my ears pierced. I got them done with a piercing gun, at a kiosk in the mall. They were done over the scars from my previous piercing, so you can't see them, which is what I wanted.

ear-piercing


I wasn't fond of any of the "piercing earrings" they had for free ear piercing, so I went with the cheapest one.They are boring and small, but I intend to switch them out as soon as I can. I feel like a big baby with them because two days later, they are still sore. I forget I have them sometimes, like when I wrap my head with a towel after my shower, and squish my ears. Which quickly reminds me I have them.

earrings

Because I love my JCPenney so much, I quickly checked out the jewelry before I clocked on to work. And those of you who read my blog recently know that - I love clearance sales. I found a few earrings which were rather cheap,and I had to grab them up.

earrings-price

Yeah, clearance! Finding things at a good price makes me happy! only $1.97 for the Liz Claiborne flower ones, and $2.97 for the other two. I don't plan on changing the earrings out for a while, because apparently they need to heal for 4 weeks, but when I'm ready to switch them, I have a few options to chose from. Now, I just need to find some kind of clever way to store my new earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates