Social Icons

Friday, February 14, 2014

An Upgrade of a Move

Taking a break for a moment to talk about something other than the wedding... on Tuesday, we had gotten a call from Woodbury Heights, the apartment that we applied at, telling us that they already had an apartment that was coming available. This was financially unexpected for us, considering that we expected to start planning on moving next month or later. But somehow, we need to make it work.

We've cut back on a few wedding things, to save money for the expense of moving. (Sadly, the hotel needed to be cut). But, we will be moving in less than 3 weeks, and I am officially terrified, and overwhelmed with everything. First, we will be getting married on Monday. With all that, comes the cost of it all, stress of the name change, the worry about photos, all that. Then literally, right after, we are moving. This comes with, worrying about collecting boxes, packing, will we have enough money to move, U-Haul truck, people to help us move, transporting the cats, changing my address through all my accounts and post office, buying the things we will need there that we don't have here, unpacking, and there's probably more.

I'm freaking out a bit. I broke down to my mother, who is hundreds of miles away, and she did all she could do - told me to breathe and get through one thing at a time. So, here we are. taking things one day at a time.

Moving on! Woodbury Heights apparently has 2 types of apartments, with 2 types of wall coloring. They have brown walls, and then they have grey walls in other ones.I was expecting brown walls, based on what they had originally told us. Which was awesome, because I had ideas for colors for my bathroom and kitchen. I already had dark brown towels, I was going to buy new dark brown bathroom rugs, which would go awesome with the cardboard colored walls! Well, Wednesday, when we went in to talk to them, they informed us that... Hey no, your walls will actually be grey. The look on my face couldn't have said anything other than... Crap.

I liked my brown idea! So, right after I got done griping to Tyler about having to chose a new color scheme, we wandered into JCPenney, because I know the Home department was having a nice sale on items, and I could also use my associate discount, obviously!

Shower Stuff

We chose a shower curtain, which I instantly fell in love with (right from that moment, I knew I was going to be okay without my dark brown. In fact, I didn't even care about brown anymore). The woman who was in the home department that day was probably one of the most helpful people I've ever encountered as a customer. She had went out of her way to use all possible washcloths as swatches for us to find the perfect color rugs and towels.

Blue Bath Rugs

After a half hour of holding the shower curtain up to a variety of towels, I think we found the perfect shade a blue for the curtain. And, I think it would look fantastic with light grey walls. Through this whole process, Tyler was such a sport for shopping, even taking off on his own in search of a matching rug. To his credit, he was even the one who picked out this color.

Shower Curtain with Matching Rug 

They look fantastic together, right? At least I think so. We did end up with the lid cover, contour rug, and the bath rug to go in front of the shower.

Bathroom Accessories

When I moved here to Iowa, I had bought the cheapest bathroom accessories I could find from Ikea, and brought them with me. Now, it was time for a upgrade. Since there was some white in the shower curtain as well, we got this white ceramic toothbrush holder and a jar thing for holding Q-tips. there was a matching wastepaper basket, but it was  ceramic too, and I just know that the cats would find their way into it and break it. I'm not even sure how well they are going to do with these, but I figure I will try them.

Towels 

I didn't want to buy too many towels, because I have several brown ones already. But, I like to match, so we just picked up two bath towels, and a hand towel to hang on the towel rack for washing my face at night.

Couch Pillows

Decorative pillows were on sale as well. When we bought our couch, it came with four decorative pillows. All were ugly. So, new apartment, new pillows. these were on sale for $29.99, and you get two of them. A deal, if you ask me. So, I chose these. They should go well with our couch, and the wall color.

I also bought a 13 piece pot and pan set, because I believe we will be cooking a lot more, instead of eating out all the time. Also, I picked up a kitchen rug for in front of the kitchen sink. Gotta always have a rug for the kitchen, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates