Social Icons

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wedding Jewelry

On Sunday, we went on a rather large spree of buying things we need for the wedding. The major purchase we did was the wedding jewelry. The jewelry isn't fancy by all means, it's just a few pieces from Claire's, but I wanted to make sure that I bought a headpiece of some kind.

Wedding Headband

Naturally, I picked out the headpiece first.I had originally wanted to purchase it from Etsy, and have it possibly custom made... but well, we have time constraints, and finances are quite small. This was kind of something that I wanted originally, so I picked it up.

Wedding Necklace

It was a complete nightmare to find other pieces to match this. Other pearl items at Claire's were a different shade of white, or the metal was a bit shinier. I'm still not happy with the necklace, and I may not wear it in the end, but we will see how it plays out. This was the closest thing I could come up with that somewhat matches.

Wedding Earrings 

The bonus to the necklace is that it came with matching earrings. The earrings were probably the only reason why I picked up the necklace. If you read my blog a little bit, you know I love a good deal, and when it comes down to a necklace for $18.50, or a necklace with earrings for the same price... I'm likely going to go with the latter. Again, I may not even be able to wear these at all, because I'm still having issues with my ear piercings.

Wedding Bracelet

By the time I had went around and around, trying to decide on a necklace (I am an extremely indecisive person), I was at the point where I just wanted to be done with the whole thing. I picked up a bracelet without really looking too closely at it, and was on my way.

All in all, I think the pieces I picked up were okay. I do really love the headband piece, it was quite what I wanted, and I think the others should be fine with it. Now, this is the part where I realized... I was not a fan of Claire's. I try to stay positive on this blog, but there was something that irked me in that store.

When I was just browsing around after getting frustrated with finding my jewelry (maybe I was going into this situation already heated? I don't know), I had seen a clearance sign, stating: "10 for $10" placed over a display of earrings. Nartually, my eyeballs zoned in on it and I headed over there.

I clarified with an associate who told me that not all of the items on the display were for that special. Only certain ones, which were originally less than $10. (Signage was not displayed well at all, and associate was quite short with me when I approached her, confused).

Earrings on Clearance

Nonetheless, I purchased 10 clearance items, which were originally under $10. And while I am happy with my earring purchases, I am not amused with Claire's, in general. They were a good deal, and at $1 each set, that's even better than what I pay for earrings at work, even with my associate discount.

More Earrings on Clearance

The big hoop feather ones originally had caught my attention, and for only $1, I'll deal with terrible signs, and a rude employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates