Social Icons

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

DIY Letters

I find myself on Pinterest quite often lately. I'm a really bad DIY-er, so I wanted to start with something simple. I chose my project wisely, and looked like these little letters were do-able for me.

eat

I decided on the word "Eat" in the kitchen, and "Bath" for the bathroom. I didn't want them to look identical, so I decided on two different colors for them. Copper metallic for Eat, and Nickel metallic for Bath.

bath-02

The letters were more expensive that I thought they were going to be ($2.49 a piece at Hobby Lobby). I guess when it comes down to it - it wasn't THAT expensive, but I had told myself I was going to wait for them to go on sale. But once I got my mind to it, I didn't feel like waiting. The spray paint was about $6.50 each from Lowes, which did not amuse my husband, either. There was a point during the shopping for this project where he just threw his hands up and said, "do what you want." So I did.

eatbath

We took them to our patio and spray painted them. Actually, he spray painted them, while I watched through the sliding glass door. We had a couple mishaps with the "Eat", that we just couldn't fix, mainly because the day we painted these had to have been one of the windiest days this year. I'm hoping that only I can see them because I know they are there. But, this was our learning experience, ad we aren't quite DIY-er's yet. Hopefully, we will get better. And, I think we kind of did better on "Bath" because those turned out pretty good, I think.

eat-02

Here is our Eat, over the kitchen sink. I think if you look really close, you can see the biff-ups on the bottom of the E and the bottom left of the A. But eh, I'm just going to pretend they are not there, and hopefully no one else notices!

I just simply secured them to the wall with little Command hanging things. After dealing with painting these all evening, when I woke up the next morning, I felt like I didn't want to deal with them anymore.

bath

Bath turned out nice! I think they blend in with the wall a little too much though, but I like the nickel look on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates