Social Icons

Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Apartment

So, as promised, I return with photos from our new apartment. Moving was such a crazy day. Every time I move, I am reminded about how much I hate it. But yet, it still happens. I did want to get all my boxes unpacked and the majority of things in it's proper place before I took pictures, so it did take me a while to get photos up.

before-moving 

Just to remind myself of what we were dealing with before moving day, this was a photo of our boxing experience at the old place. It was a mess as we were boxing, purging, and getting rid of a lot of our things. The good thing about the amount of purging we did was: now we don't have to do any spring cleaning!

Anyway. That was the reminder of the old apartment, but now we move onto the new!

dining-room 

The small dining room, from the view of the front door. We currently have no pictures or items on the walls, but that's something that we are planning on investing in for the next couple of months. I'm thinking for the wall in the dining room - a giant mirror.

kitchen-01

The kitchen. Two of the requirements I had when I was apartment hunting was: it needed to have a dishwasher and a garbage disposal. And I got both.
.
kitchen-02

We were hoping for a built in microwave, like what the model we toured had. But, alas. No microwave. We were a little bummed at that, but for now, we will keep our current one until we can get a newer one.

laundry-room 

This will be... hopefully sometime soon... a laundry room. We do not have a washer and dryer (and after this move, we also won't have money for a washer a dryer for a rather long time...), but one day. For now, it is pretty much the cat's litterbox room and laundry overflow, that won't fit in the bathroom hamper.

 living-room

Living room, obviously. (Don't mind Lost there playing in the background.) Another one of my requirements was that I wanted a patio area. Our last place, where it logically should have been a patio, was this enclosed room that we called a "sunroom." It was an awkward room with impossible to cover south facing windows, that did nothing but bake our apartment in the summer. Also, I really love the fireflies in the summer, so I wanted a place to go outside and admire them. Turns out, our new place not only has a patio, but it's also on the ground floor, too! Double win!

hallway

This is the most awkward storage in an apartment I think I have ever seen. I'm not sure whether I want to try to use them as just decorative storage for things like pictures, and kick-knacks, or do I put up a tension rod with a curtain to use it as normal storage? Don't know yet, but for now, it's a mixture of both.

 bathroom-01 

Bathroom! I am boggled at how much counter space I have now! At the old place, I had this little tiny area that was only big enough for a soap dispenser and toothpaste. Now, I actually have space for my hair straighter AND my blow dryer! For a week after moving, I just wanted all the things laid out on my never-ending counter.


bathroom-02 

My bathroom, all decked out in a lot of the things I bought from work. I just still adore that shower curtain. I feel like it's the number one most beautiful thing that I picked out for myself during this move. I still look at it and get excited. Does that make me weird?

Also, a cool thing about that shower curtain rod: It's totally curved.


bedroom 

Lastly, the bedroom. Nothing really special here. Just some ugly dresser, boring bed, and some fabulous curtains (hanging on a curtain rod that I broke and cemented back together). While we don't have a walk-in closet, we have a closet that pretty much spans the entire length of the room. At our old place, we had this dinky closet that was really small, and I would constantly run out of room. I was starting to put things in the storage closet out in the living room. I love this new closet, I can hang up all my clothes and look at them when I want.

There you have it! Our new, fabulous place!

In other news with my life, I have quit my job at JCPenney. I loved it there, mainly the associate discount. But, I honestly could not handle several other people I worked with. I am 28 years old, and every day I worked, I felt like I was going back to high school. After several attempts to solve the problem, I decided I had just better let the job go. So now, it's back to job hunting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates