Social Icons

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Amelia at 11.5 Months

My love, Amelia, is almost one year old this month! She officially turns one on March 29th. I fully intend on making her a few little puppy cupcakes for her, and possibly and new toy for her to enjoy. It seems like just yesterday that we had gone to pick her up from the breeder, cleaning up her vomit when she got car sick on the way home, having all those sleepless nights, the every ten minute potty breaks... while I do not miss a lot of the puppy stuff, I would not trade it for the world!

Amelia 11.5 Months

It seems just one day, I looked at her, and saw what a beautiful, wonderful dog she had become. There was a period in her puppyhood that I got really frustrated with her, she was nipping constantly, she would pee in the house, even though we had JUST came back in from standing out there for 10 minutes. It was entirely no fault of hers, she was a puppy, and that is what puppies do. However, I thought that it would never end. But one day, I took her over to a friend's house, and would not let her out of my sight, in fear of her peeing in their new house. She shocked me when she started pawing at the sliding glass door, and ran right out to go potty outside. Since that day, our accidents in the apartment became fewer and fewer, as we finally "got" potty training.

Amelia 11.5 Months

She looks photogenic, but in reality, she is far from it. I will give you all a tip on how to get reasonably good photos of dogs: give them something to chew on. Seriously, if I attempt to get pictures of her without something for her to do, she will just waltz up to the camera, sniff it, and not go away. It makes for disastrous photos, because I really like to get at her level to take photos. I have never been a fan of taking photos from above. So, I shove something in her face (for this session, it was a deer antler), and I will just start snapping. I will probably take about two hundred pictures in a fifteen minute period, then finding which photos I love the most once I download them on to my computer.

Amelia 11.5 Months

We also recently got her officially AKC registered (which, if you ask me, was a complete waste of $40), and after another $31, she got registered with the city as well. We were definitely a little late in doing so, but money never really allowed it until now. Miraculously, we also avoided late fees. Bonus! She's all current and official now! We chose her AKC name to be "Stewart's Miss Amelia," because well... she is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates