Social Icons

Monday, March 30, 2015

Old Candle Jars Repurposed

I love re-purposing things! I love making old food containers into pots for my plants, love making old wood into new signs, and most recently, old candle jars into bathroom storage. I had a couple of the three wick candles from Bath and Body Works, that I had used up, and instead of throwing out the jars, I decided to reuse them. I cleaned out the old wax from them - this is is wonderful tutorial on how.

They make amazing jars for bathroom storage, and this really is not a new idea. So, that's what I did with mine. One for cotton balls, and another for makeup circles. I kind of wanted to use the makeup circle one for cotton swabs, but I had purchased a set, that included a container for swabs. I may have to toss that one out, just so that I can use these candle jars instead!

Candle Jars Reused

They are beautiful by themselves, and even more gorgeous with some vinyl put onto them! I used a couple phrases that I had purchased from the Silhouette Design Store, and I am very pleased with them, they turned out awesome! I am getting better at putting vinyl on things, as I find little tricks to make thing easier.

Do More of What Makes You Happy

I used Oracal 651, which is the waterproof, outdoor vinyl. Sadly, these also took the last of my second favorite metallic silver. (My most favorite is the gold metallic vinyl, that I used or my coasters). I have already ordered much more of it, now that I know it's one of my most used. I love the metallics! My most recent order was pretty much all of the metallic colors. And several feet of just plain white.

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things

I really wanted "inspirational" phrases for my bathroom, because the bathroom is where I visit first thing in the morning, and some days, I just really need to hear something positive. These work well for that purpose, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates