Social Icons

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Persian Shield Plant

For the longest time, I have been wanting a Persian Shield plant. Ever since I saw this gorgeous photo appear on Pinterest, I have been drooling over it. I have tried to find it in any possible store I went into around me, could never find it. Last week, I decided that I was going to finally just, order it online.

I looked, and searched. The disappointing part of wanting to order it in March, is that places won't ship until after the last frost. Which, apparently, in my case, is the middle of May. Sorry, but I am a impatient person, and I want instant gratification. Besides, I fully intend to keep it as a houseplant, and not as an outside annual, as many online nursery's assume. So, I looked and looked, and eventually found a nursery that will ship it in March, at a decent price. I placed my order.

I essentially paid a little under $13 for my Persian Shield, but in the end, I am glad I went with Morris Nursery, because they even sent a little bonus plant, too!

Persian Shield

The Persian Shield is the bigger one, and the bonus is the small one. Apparently, the bonus is a succulent, called "Mother of Million, Alligator Plant", or so said the informational paper they sent. I can not find any other information on the succulent. All the pictures that come up does not look anything like the plant I received. Anyway, They both came wrapped in paper towels, then plastic wrap, and then the whole thing was wrapped in newspaper.

My Persian Shield seems to have several crispy leaves toward the bottom, but I'm thinking that may have been from transport, perhaps? And it's leaning quite a bit, so here's to hoping it can get it's bearings again now that it's back in a pot. The top of the plant looks beautiful, and from what I have read, it roots easily from cuttings. Once it grows up a little bit more, I'm planning on taking a few cuttings so that the pot it is in, can look a little fuller.

A side note: I am really going to have to start looking for alternatives in my apartment for my plants, I have so many now, I do not have any space on my windowsill for any more! I told my husband that we need to move into a two bedroom, so I could have a second windowsill. He was not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates