Social Icons

Friday, March 6, 2015

One Year Anniversary

Can you believe that a little over one year ago, the husband and I were married at the courthouse? Seems like it was just yesterday that I was trying on dresses at David's Bridal, getting frustrated over the fact I couldn't find a hair piece I liked, and feeling like my feet were going to fall off as I tried to learn how to walk in high heels. Obviously, we have had our ups and downs, as they say the first year of marriage is the most difficult. But, we're still here!

A benefit of having our anniversary three days after Valentine's day is that all the "love" items in stores go on clearance, which make it fabulously cheap for our anniversary! (I didn't plan it that way, I swear!)

Hilton-room

For our first year together, we decided to book ourselves a hotel room at our local Hilton Garden Inn, a treat for us, as we never got to go to our "Honeymoon," if you will. We did have a hotel booked after our wedding, but right before we were married, we got a call that an apartment opened up where we had applied to move to, and all money went to moving costs. So, unfortunately, our honeymoon never really got to happen.

Hilton-bed

We had a fabulous time, as with every time we visit the Hilton, the rooms are always clean, the sheets smell good, they have wonderful details in the rooms (like a Keurig!). We went with a special package that included a full breakfast for two in the morning, and champagne in the room.

Hilton-rose-petals

You definitely can't beat a couple nights in a hotel room, a perfect vacation from my cats, who keep me up all night, and my super needy puppy, who takes up the entire bed every night.

Here's to the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates